Phuket Island is the largest in Thailand and is distant less than an hour’s flight from the capital Bangkok. Its unusual shape and mountainous alternate the heavenly bays, the blue turquoise lagoons, the forests of coconut trees, the rubber plantations and an attractive natural vegetation on the surrounding hills. By climbing a little, the views of the forest and the blue turquoise waters are superb. Many sports and leisure activities such as the scuba diving are available for exploring the island and the Andaman Sea making Phuket Island ideally situated for a short break or a relaxing vacation.
Climate and season
Thailand has a tropical and humid climate for most of the country during all year. The north area of Bangkok has a climate determined by three seasons, whereas the southern peninsula has only two. The “green” season and the dry season do not happen at the same time on the west and east coasts of the south peninsula. On the southwest coast, where Phuket is located, the monsoon comes courtesy in the month of May to make way for the dry season in October. The sun shines regularly all year long. During the green season the tropical rains are distinguished by their density and brevity and occur rather at the end of the afternoon or in the evening. Monsoon, of course, like all forecasts is not an exact science. The green season does not prevent beautiful sunny periods punctuated naturally with thunderstorms.
I (Jocelyn) have observed over the last ten years that the heaviest rains occur most frequently during the months of June and September. I had the chance to enjoy a calm sea and a particularly sunny weather during the months of July and August 2008, 2009 and 2010. I remember well because I went every week to Phi-Phi islands to achieve the underwater excursions in pleasant conditions. In tropical area it never gets cold and the sun is never far away. We organize tours all year by checking the good weather conditions for the safety and enjoyment of each to optimize your vacation.
- Air temperature minimum for the dry season (October to April): 22/24ºC
- Air temperature maximum for the dry season (October to April): 31/33ºC
- Air temperature minimum for the green season (May to September): 24/25ºC
- Air temperature maximum for the green season (May to September): 30/ 32ºC
- Water temperature average all year long: 28/30 ºC
6:00 during the dry season and 7 hours during the green season between UK and the Kingdom of Thailand. For others time zones we invite you to consult a website to know your jet lag such as timezoneguide.com or equivalent.
There is no risk of malaria neither in the centre of the kingdom and nor in the main tourist resorts as Bangkok and Phuket. However, we advise you to consult your doctor for recommended vaccines before your departure which are also conditioned by the itinerary of your travel and/or any medical history.
The territorial Thai baht (THB) is the currency used to purchase goods and services in Thailand. Currency fluctuations are permanent. There is no perfect time to change the currency. The exchange rates proposed with the currency converter in a side bar are given for informational purposes. The latest exchange rates are available on the web sites of the concerned banking institutions.
What to bring with you
- Spare T-shirt,
- Caps and hats,
- Prescription glasses or contact lenses replacement in case of loss (if necessary),
- Video Camera,
- Bath towel if you need it,
- Personal diving equipment (supplied by us if you do not have it),
- Cash money,
- Medication prescribed in case of treatment,
- Certification for scuba divers experienced (PADI, CMAS, BSAC, SSI, NAUI, etc),
- Copy of medical certificate (less than 1 year) from a physician specifically stating fitness for Scuba Diving,
- Copy of your individual membership dive insurance for those who are holders (i.e. the organization Divers Alert Network or equivalent to obtain further information).
Motorcycle, scooter and car rental
“A family business where customers are not considered as numbers, where liability and security are the keywords”. Nina’s Cars makes your vacations safe and allows you to meet real people.Nina’s Cars has 80 motorbikes and 30 cars to meet your expectation. All the vehicles are functional, insured, well maintained and reliable. Website: www.ninas-car.com Phone: 08 96 480 499
Quality – Services – Safety – Respect of the environment – Professional